12 Me Time Ideas, For Busy Wives
As wives and moms, we are expected to care for our children, keep the household running smoothly, and be a jack of all trades. With all of these responsibilities, it is so important for us to carve out time for ourselves; especially during the summer months. Go ahead, take a few minutes or even a few hours and indulge in some “Me Time” activities.
Over the years I have learned why self-care is so important. It’s not about abandoning responsibilities; it’s about taking care of my mind, body, and spirit, so I can adequately care for the ones I love. If you can’t take a weekend trip; try carving out some alone time to enjoy the things that make you happy such as reading, exercising, going to lunch with a friend, running errands alone, or even just taking a lazy day.
Here are some ideas to enjoy your “Me Time” experience. (If you want, hubby can come along too!)
- Go on a getaway with your spouse – without the kids. Whether it’s a half-day, overnight trip or full-on vacation. The possibilities are endless.
- Take a long nap.
- Call a friend or family member and make reservations at your favorite restaurant.
- Sit in your favorite chair or relax outside and listen to your favorite music and enjoy a glass of wine or two.
- Buy something just for you. Treat yourself to a new dress or a scented candle etc.
- Take a Yoga or Exercise class.
- Catch up on a favorite television show or movie.
- Make an appointment at a spa. Treat yourself to a facial, manicure, or pedicure. Heck or get them all!
- Use the opportunity to do nothing.
- Spend some alone time with your spouse.
- Attack a small project– hanging up those picture frames you bought last week, rearrange your home office, start an herb garden, etc.
- Read that book or magazine that you put on your to-read list. (Ahem, like Keep Your Legs Open: A Wives’ Guide to Sexual Satisfaction) To Purchase
How do you make time for yourself during summer? Only you can answer that question. But what I know for sure is that “ME” time is definitely needed.
Enjoy your summer!