It’s date night!
According to Inc.com, “Couples who commit to spending much time together consistently exhibit greater levels of intimacy and trust, better communication, and higher marital satisfaction.”
That being said, you need to make the most of your date night with your husband. One of them is your date night conversations.
Tell me: What do you talk about with your husband during your date nights? The latest episode on Netflix that you’re binge-watching? The bills that arrived today? Work?
Let me tell you something, Beautiful: Your marriage and love for each other is not self-sustaining. It requires constant maintenance.
We can often get stuck on surface conversations but need to work hard at deep heartfelt conversations. Don’t talk about the kid’s soccer schedules, your crazy boss, or your never-ending to-do list!
Instead, take these questions with you on your next date night and take turns answering them. Spend time listening to your spouse’s heart and soul.
1. What’s my best physical feature?
2. If you could change one thing about your looks, what would it be?
3. What is your favorite memory of us dating?
4. How often do you prefer sex?
5. What’s a new hobby you’d like to try? For us to try as a couple?
6. What was the first time you thought of me?
7. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
8. What do you like most that I do in bed?
9. How would you describe an ideal day?
10. What is something I can do to make us feel connected even more?
11. What do you think we need to work on the most in our marriage?
12. What can I do to make sure you feel safe with me?
13. What’s the happiest you’ve ever felt?
14. What do you want to do when you retire?
15. What turns you on?
16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
17. What things do I do for you that refresh you the most?
18. What’s a question you’ve never asked me?
19. When did you first know you loved me?
20. How have I succeeded in our marriage this week?
21. How can I show you love this week?
Make your date nights with your husband exciting and meaningful. With these date night conversation starters, you are on your way to having wonderful conversations with your spouse.
If you, as a woman of God, have ever thought that being sexy is not spiritual, think again! To dispel that and other misguided notions about marriage and intimacy, my book, Bringing Sexy Back To Your Marriage, was written in support of the conferences that I held for married and engaged women. This valuable guide will lead you to a more satisfying and fulfilling marital relationship, filled with love, compassion, and mutual attraction.